Saturday, June 25, 2011

2011 Day 16 Capsule hotel, Tsukiji fish market, Ueno

At Japanese drum museum


浅草合羽橋

with Wada sensei

東京スカイツリー
Tommy Lee 
The capsule hotel was ok. It was way to hot though. It was a small space but I guess it was worth it. I was sort of frustrated but at least I got to wear a yukata. Then we went to a shrine with a bunch of stores leading up to it. Someone bought a mask for me and now I'm wearing it with pride!

Jenny 
The hotel was fun!! Everyone said it was hot, but for me, it was so so. After waking up, some of the group went to mister doughnut and ate some weird doughnuts. Then we went to a temple like place and had shopping free time. The rest of the day was spent shopping in the area... Now we are on our way to the Showa host families!! 

Darryl Z (Chaperone)
I haven't done any updates yet since this is the student's trip, but I have to say that last night's capsule hotel stay was my most uncomfortable there yet. I've stayed at the same capsule hotel with this trip at least 6-7 times in the past, but last night it was so warm that the little exhaust fan did nothing, and I had to sleep with the capsule screen open just to get some cool air. I was like a dog leaning out the window of a car to get a face full of cool breezes! And the futon mattress seemed thinner than usual, and I had to supplement it with the comforter to bring it up to just "uncomfortable" instead of "miserable"! But the students all did a good job, and they can catch up on sleep tonight at their #1 Showa host-families and sleep in a real bed (or a real futon) tonight. See everyone soon, we fly back to the U.S. on Monday! And the morning fish market experience was amazing, and those who went had a really great breakfast of the freshest sushi and rice. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment